Thursday, September 10, 2009

Furniture Fit for Photographers from IKEA

So if you have been following my Tweets, recently I have been remodeling my office space at home. One of the many things I needed was a much better shelving unit to contain my new work flow, books and general stuff.
So I went to IKEA and found this great little unit called the "Expedit - book case"

These shelves are so great because they come in this med size of 8 Cubes or a smaller size of just 4 cubes. They're deep enough to stack Cd's and DVD's and yet tall enough that you can easily fit books and magazines upright in them. The best part about them is the flexibility it gives you in designing your workflow. you can have them horizontal or vertical and they can be stack ontop of each other to build a much bigger unit.
For me I purchased 1 of the 8 cube units and then 2 of the 4 cube units and then just stacking them.


Then to top this off I purchased these handy tote boxes and the double drawer insert for the Cubes to store my archieval DVD's, client orders, and stationary stuff.
These units where easy to build, looks great and best part was it all came in under $400.00 for everything.
So if you are looking to remodel your office/workspace to improve your workflow and working atmosphere. Check this things out at IKEA.
Cheers,
Rockie

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey, I like those! Going to Dallas tomorrow so... my nav system might just lead me to IKEA! Will they fit in a car trunk? Rachel

Rockie Lee said...

yup they sure will fit in your car ! They all fitted in my car and all i have is a civic !

StonePhoto said...

OMG Rockie We have the first two !!!