Tuesday, September 08, 2009

4 Things a photographer should wear in Asia when it Rains

I have been wanting to post this one for a very very long time. In fact this post comes with literal experience.

(edit notes: This pic of Korea is not mine. Found it on Google images. But it is exactly where I was. If you read further you will understand why it was not my image. )

I was in Korea and Singapore in April 2009 this year, a part of Asia I have never been too. Images will be coming soon. Anyhows, when I got there to my shurgrin, it was raining. Go figure.

Now I know what some of you are thinking. Asian guy from Vancouver, photographer... I should be used to the rain ? WRONG ! Because this was not just rain, it was a freakin DOWN POURING !

Lets just say that in the the first hour of my walk down this street on the right, I caved in and actually bought an umbrella !

So you can imagine from this experience I "learned somethings" !



"4 Things a Photographer should have when your in any part of the orient !"


1. Tilley Endurables
  • Completely Waterproof
  • Light weight
  • Easy maintanence
  • UV protection from heat
  • Floats on water !
  • LIFE TIME WARRANTY !
  • Insurance can be purchased also incase you lose it or it is stolen on your trip in some far out place.

2. LowePro Trekker Mini AW Camera Bag

  • Waterproof and comes with a rain shell for extra protection
  • lightweight on the back and comfortable
  • carried all my gear for my whole trip: 2 bodies, long lens, med lens, wide lens, flash, cards...etc.
  • plust the bungy cords in the back I use for bungying up my a jacket for extra security as I walk around busy unknown places.

3. Taiga Fleece Jackets

  • New material makes this fleece so warm and light. Protects from harsh cutting winds and totally water proof !
  • Side note: I have a shell that goes with this jacket but because it was going to be Hot in Korea and Singapore, I didn't bring the shell.
  • But even after 4 hrs of walking in the rain, I was still completely dry !!!!!!

4. Merrill Shoes

  • This shoe is completely water proof but has a breath-able material that works with the shoe. 4 hours of walking in the rain and socks were still dry at the end.

Well have fun y'all in your travels and Be Safe !

Cheers,

Rockie

No comments: